Porsche Diagnostic Trouble Codes DME P0101 Mass air flow sensor P0102 Mass air flow sensor P0103 Mass air flow sensor P0112 Intake air temperature sensor
· Porsche recommends you don’t drive your car if your CEL is flashing, because a flashing CEL indicates a serious problem that can cause serious engine damage if not resolved. Codes P0130P0160 – Oxygen SensorRelated Problems
· Porsche 955 Cayenne GTS (200810) Porsche 955 Cayenne S (200310) Porsche 955 Cayenne Turbo ... the flashing light indicates a misfire. Not likely caused by a MAF sensor. ... my mass air flow for cleaning using the steps that you have listed here however my cayenne is 2005 v6 and it has one mass air flow sensor.
· 03/31/2021 10/22/2018. The symptoms of a bad mass air flow sensor include low engine power, poor fuel economy, an engine that won’t start, a check engine light on the dash and a gas smell from the exhaust fumes. A bad mass air flow sensor is often the likely culprit if your car isn’t running as it should. The job of the mass air flow sensor ...
Symptoms: Metal Shavings In Oil. M96 engines fitted to the 986 and 987 Boxster can have issues with a bearing at one end of the engine intermediate shaft. The shaft connects the two ends of the engine timing gear. At one end, the shaft drives the oil pump and at the other, finishes in a sealed bearing.
· Mass air flow sensor, vacuum leak, etc. Here is a prolevel article on fuel trim ... i have a 2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS and it wont start or crank over ..lights turn on radio works. ... And OFF when d engine is still working what can cause it and what is the solution.
· MAF Sensor Replacement Cost. The average MAF sensor replacement cost is between 140 and 550, depending on the car model and labor costs. A Mass Air Flow Sensor costs 100 and 400 while the labor costs 40 to 150. The MAF sensor itself is often quite expensive, as you sometimes have to replace the whole MAF sensor housing.
The mass air flow (MAF) sensor, part of your vehicle’s electronic fuel injection system, is responsible for calculating the total amount of air entering the engine. A faulty MAF sensor can cause your vehicle to run too rich or run too lean. You’ll notice if the tailpipes eject black smoke or when the engine runs rough or backfires.
Well, if air or oil are combined, it can greatly the airoil ratio, which can affect your exhaust system as well as your engine functioning. The damages due to these various systems of your car can be severe and lasting if the airoil separator isn’t functioning properly. Even worse, it will take a direct toll on your Porsche’s performance.
Bad Temperature Sensors. Bad Mass Air Flow Sensor. Miss Fire (Coil Packs) Bad or Old Spark Plugs. Clogged Air Filter. If any of these conditions are present you most likely will have a converter with a Broken Substrate or one unable to keep up performance. Lean Running Condition. Excess Carbon Deposits in Engine (Perform Decarb Service) Bad ...
Like the oxygen sensors, the MAF sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine and help ensure the proper airfuel mixture. A faulty MAF sensor can cause your engine to misfire, ultimately causing poor fuel economy, performance, and potentially more unnecessary damage to your engine. What to Do if Your Porsche Check Engine Light Comes On
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR INVESTIGATION. No dealership or service provider, when contacted, has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why.
Replacing the Porsche ABS wheel speed sensor is a straightforward procedure that you can perform yourself. Check the wire harness if the ABS/PSM light stays on and the fault code still indicates a faulty ABS sensor. If the wire harness from the sensor to the ABS module is fine, the ABS module might be at fault. Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
· The mass airflow sensor (sometimes referred to as a hotfilm mass airflow sensor, air mass sensor, mass flow sensor or MAF) is vital for the efficient running of an engine.
· This is understandable with a bad mass air flow sensor because it will cause the internal combustion chamber to have an inadequate mixture of air and gasoline. If the engine is going to successfully turn over, then you need to correct this problem so that the spark plugs can ignite the proper mixture.
· 7. Engine has Oil Lubrication Issues. While the top six reasons above can be easily resolved and diagnosed in most cases, this one is rather tricky. Your engine needs oil to keep all those moving parts cool as it revs up. Sometimes, dirty oil, engine sludge, or a damaged oil pump can cause oil pressure to reduce or increase higher than it should.
· 03/31/2021 10/22/2018. The symptoms of a bad mass air flow sensor include low engine power, poor fuel economy, an engine that won’t start, a check engine light on the dash and a gas smell from the exhaust fumes. A bad …
Mass air flow sensor problems Problems mass air flow sensors are very common. The MAF sensor could get contaminated or damaged. Often this happens when an old or improperly installed air filter allows some unfiltered air into the engine or when oil from an oilsoaked air filter contaminates the air flow sensor.
· The easiest way to detect an air leak in the intake system is to turn on the engine and let it idle. Using starter fluid or throttle body cleaner or any other high flamable aereosol, spray a targeted shot at each possible point, for instance, between the throttle body and intake tee, or at the edge of the rubber sleeves on the intake plenum, etc.
· Leaking head gasket. Faulty oxygen sensor. Defective mass airflow sensor. Faulty throttle position sensor. Any of these components can cause a cylinder 4 to misfire and be the root cause of a P0304 engine code. However, a misfire will be considered in conjunction with the following signs: Check engine light.
· Some 2007 Porsche Cayman may experience failing catalytic converters, excessive oil consumption,electrical connector problems, failed mass air flow sensors, and in some cases the engines may need some major mechanical repairs, even complete engine replacement! These cars usually need to be replaced of the new engine , and the results are …
· An air leak may not seem very serious but it allows dirt and debris into the engine which can cause issues down the road. When the air passes through the mass air flow sensor, it is calculated at a specific volume and if there is more or less air than the calculated amount, it can cause major issues for the motor. More air can cause a car to ...
· Air. Proper, metered air flow into your engine is required in order for it to operate correctly. If there is a problem that is causing airflow to be disturbed or enter the engine without being metered, then it can cause a misfire. With an air issue, it will most likely cause a random misfire on nonspecific cylinders.
· This can happen due to a wrong airfuel mixture or a bad spark. A MAP sensor may actually cause the airfuel mixture to become so bad that you may notice misfires. You can often recognize misfires by listening to your engine. If you can hear small bumps or if it doesn’t sound like it usually sounds – it may be caused by misfires. 6.
Misfires can occur at any time on the Cayman engine and require diagnosis to identify which cylinders are misfiring and why. Common causes are worn spark plugs, cracks in ignition coils and oil leaking past the spark plug tube seals (see above). The ignition coils on the M97 Cayman engines have been updated by Porsche multiple times.